Wednesday, December 03, 2003

"I DO BELIEVE IN MOVIES! I DO! I DO! I DO BELIEVE IN MOVIES!"

Just saw the new movie Peter Pan tonight and, as Tony the Tiger would say, IT'SSSSSSSSS GREATTTTTTTTTTTT! A really delightful, clever and beautifully made film that will work for kids and adults.

I knew the movie would be good when I read in the production notes that the producer on the project had the option on the film rights for twenty years as she tried to get the film package together. TWENTY freakin' years! That's passion - and it meant she really had a defined vision for the film.

I'll write more on the film this weekend, just wanted to give you all a happy heads-up that a great film is coming in just a few weeks.

Now, with Big Fish and Peter Pan, I have seen two great films in a week. If I see one more this month, I promise I will pack it up with this Hollywood ministry as we are clearly becoming irrelevant. I have always really wanted to be a forest ranger anyway...without the bugs and animals.... and dirt.

No comments: